Speaking of Pride

Wednesday 3 June 2015
It's 9:30 at night, I'm curled up in my partner's lap while I wait for my other partner to finish work and come home. This is my normal and has been for two years now and when a friend posed these questions I felt the need to find some sort of answer.

Ama - Val 2015

What does pride mean to you?

Pride has been a quiet but enormous part of my life as long as I can remember. It's not something you'll find me shouting from any rooftops but it's a part of who I am. Pride is the quiet voice that reminds me I don't owe anyone an explanation for the labels I fit (terribly) into, I don't have anything to be ashamed of, and I don't have to be an open book about any of it. I share what feels right with who feels right when it feels right.

Cat - Cryssie 2015

Does pride still matter?

There are places in the world I would face jail or death just for loving who I do so, yes, pride matters. Pride matters until every single GBLTQ spectrum person is safe and has equal rights to any other person. Pride matters long after that is a reality to protect those rights and celebrate the lessons we have learned along the way in achieving them.

Photo one

On Ama

Hair : ::Exile:: : Give away your Secrets

Skin : Pink Fuel : Ash : Peach

Hands : Slink : Male Hands : Relax {With Pink Fuel appliers}

Feet : Slink : Male Feet : Flat {With Pink Fuel appliers}

Top : ColdAsh : WOODLAKE Shirt

Jeans : FATEwear : Grip Billy

On Val

Hair : ::Exile:: : Machinehead

Skin : Pink Fuel : Ashton : Peach

Hands : Slink : Male Hands : Relax {With Pink Fuel appliers}

Top : etham : Dexter Henley : Cream

Jeans : FATEwear : Grip Billy : Crater

Shoes : Just Design : Sydney : Black

Pose : !bang : beautiful day

Photo two

On Cat

Hair : TRUTH HAIR : Verinne

Skin : Pink Fuel : Doll v2: Crystal

Hands : Slink : Mesh Hands : Casual {With pink Fuel appliers}

Top : Blueberry : Tank Top : White

Jeans : Maitreya : Zipper-Skinny Jeans : Dirty

On Cryssie

Hair : Clawtooth : Up and Away - Exquisite Reds

Skin : League : Erin Pale

Hands : Slink : Mesh Hands : Casual {With Leaguye Appliers}

Top : Blueberry : Mima : Aqua

Jeans : Blueberry : Rolled Cuff Jeans : Faded Dark

Pose : RACK Poses : Moments For Life

<3 Ama
Powered by Blogger.

Translate

Back to Top